MRV LX Series Console Servers for Out-of-Band Management
Improving Efficiency, Reducing Costs, Increasing Network Up Time
Out-of-Band Networking solutions provide secure remote service port access, remote power management and environmental monitoring to devices in an organization’s networks and infrastructures. An Out-of-Band Networking (OOBN) solution nearly eliminates the need for physical presence at a device to correct problems or manage its everyday operation. This mode of unmanned operation is also commonly referred to as Remote Management or Lights Out Management.
Applications and Benefits
The value of Out-of-Band Networking solution can benefit organizations of any size and type. Improvements in efficiency for small businesses, large enterprises, service providers and carriers can all be realized by implementing an Out-of-Band solution. Any infrastructure comprised of numerous types and classes of equipment including switches, routers, storage devices, and telephony equipment can be managed more effectively with an Out-of-Band Networking solution.
Since Out-of-Band Networks can nearly eliminate the need for administrative personnel to be physically present at a device, personnel can be reduced and centralized, resulting in significant cost savings. The cost of downtime is also reduced since devices can be brought back online quickly without the delays of dispatching personnel to device locations. Vehicles, fuel, tools, and labor costs are all greatly reduced all while ensuring Service Level Agreement (SLA) exposure is reduced as well.
Practically eliminate the need for personnel to be physically present at remote equipment site
- Manage devices from a central location
- Remotely troubleshoot problems and reboot “locked up” devices
- Provide secure management access via internet or dial up connectivity
Improve Service Levels
- Reduces need for redundant equipment by minimizing downtime from hours to minutes
- Easy, efficient remote equipment access utilizes scarce technical resources more effectively
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met
Increase Security, Lower Risk
- Verify user access leveraging existing security infrastructure
- Multi User Access Levels supporting staff and outsourced resources
- Capture logs as a record of system activity to meet directives such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and similar directives
Want more information?
If you would like more information on any of our products and services, please contact us by clicking the button below, or ring us on +44 (0) 1691 680 830.