Media & Protocol Conversion
Media converters allow a user to connect one type of media, or cabling, to another – typically copper to fibre. Modern converters support many different data communication protocols including Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, T1/E1/J1, DS3/E3, as well as multiple cabling types such as coax, twisted pair, multi-mode and single-mode fibre optics. Media converter types range from small standalone devices and PC card converters to high port-density chassis systems that offer many advanced features for network management.
On some devices, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) enables proactive management of link status, monitoring chassis environmental statistics and sending traps to network managers in the event of a fibre break or even link loss on the copper port.
By bridging the gap between legacy copper infrastructures and fibre growth. Media converters provide an economical path towards extending the distance of an existing network, extending the life of non-fibre based equipment, or extending the distance between two like devices.
The world largest and best manufacturer of fibre media converters is Transition Networks, andSol Distribution is the UK's number 1 distributor of Transition Networks products. Available in stand-alone, modular chassis-based, or PCI powered configurations, Transition Networks‘ media converters offer copper to fibre and fibre to fibre media conversion in the following supported protocols: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Power-over-Ethernet, 100/100, 10/100/1000, ATM, T1/E1, DS3/E3, POTS, RS232, RS485 and more.
With industry leading advanced features such as Auto-Negotiation, AutoCross™, Link Pass Through, Far End Fault, and Automatic Link Restoration - Transition's media converters make an invisible component in the physical layer "visible" to network managers; allowing more efficient troubleshooting and less on-site maintenance. These cost and time saving features, along with a lifetime warranty and free 24x7 worldwide technical support, have made Transition's media converters the #1 choice among industry IT professionals.
Features of Transition Networks Media Converters
- Allow users to connect one type of media or cabling to another, typically copper to fibre
- Extends network capacity without affecting the performance, nature or appearance of the network
- Provides an economical path towards extending the distance of an existing network
- Bridges the gap between legacy copper infrastructures and fibre growth
- Allows users to extend network distances by adding fibre only where needed
- Enables users to add new devices without replacing costly cable
- Means you can integrate high-bandwidth devices into the network
Types of Media Converters Stocked by Sol Distribution
- Fast Ethernet Media Converters
- Gigabit Ethernet Media Converters
- 10 Gigabit Media Converters
- Industrial Media Converters
- PoE Media Converters
- Stand-Alone Media Converters
- Slide-in Module Media Converters
- T1/E1/J1/V.35/X.21 Converters
Want more information?
If you would like more information on any of our products and services, please contact us by clicking the button below, or ring us on +44 (0) 1691 680 830.