Get Full Visibility of Your Network with Observer Taps from Viavi Solutions
nTAPs are passive, full-duplex devices, offering complete visibility to monitoring devices regardless of traffic level. They work with the leading management tools for quick and easy deployment. nTAPs are transparent for monitoring critical links, and provide continuous network data flow even if power fails. nTAPs are scalable, modularised, space efficient, and economical.
Use optical nTAPs to send identical copies of critical traffic to network analysers, remote monitoring appliances, forensics tools, and similar devices capable of supporting dual, non-aggregated data streams. For further flexibility, Observer Copper-to-Optical and Optical-to-Copper Conversion nTAPs are available.
- Take a copy of your network traffic with zero overhead
- Passive, full-duplex devices
- Less likelihood of lost packets than SPAN ports
- Offer complete visibility to monitoring devices
- Work with all leading management tools
- Provide continuous data flow even if power fails
- Scalable, modularised, space efficient, and economical
Observer TAPs – Copper
- Install on 10 Mb, 100 Mb, or 1 Gb copper links
- Quick, anytime access to network traffic
- Send perfect copies of critical traffic to Network analysers, remote monitoring appliances, forensics tools
Observer TAPs – Optical
- Install on 1, 10, or 40 Gb single or multi-mode optical links
- Single module or High-Density options available
- Mix and match across 24 modules in a 1U rack
- Ensure critical traffic reaches analysis devices
Observer TAPs – Aggregation
- Designed for low-to-moderate utilisation full-duplex links
- Merge data for up to two single-receive analysis devices
- Industry-leading buffer sizes
- Observer Conversion Aggregator nTAP is also available
Observer TAPs – Conversion
- Use when analysers use different topologies than the network
- Optical-to-Copper or Copper-to-Optical nTAPs bridge the gap
- Make copies of network data
- Send one back to the network and the other out for analysis
Want more information?
If you would like more information on this news story, or any of our products and services, please contact us by clicking the button below, or ring us on +44(0)1691 680 830.
Follow us on Social Media: