MRV OptiPacket® Metro Service Edge Platform
Metro networks continue to expand and require intelligent high-density and capacity aggregation with focus on 10G and 100G packet switched services. This unique proposition opens new market segments in the Metro Service Edge that nables a broader solution to our customers needs while providing more strategic value with end-to-end solutions for smaller service providers and carriers.
OptiPacket upgrades our solution from the metro access market to the metro service edge market. Our strategy is to combine a broader metro solution that extends from OptiSwitch in the access domain to OptiPacket in the metro service aggregation domain to OptiDriver in the optical transport domain, all provisioned and manageable with our Pro-Vision® service orchestration and management software.
Service providers are able to deploy the OptiPacket® platform as a packet-optimized solution in high-capacity mega POPs for metro aggregation application, or utilize it as an access platform for SLA-based 100G Carrier thernet demarcation services. The flexibility of the OptiPacket® platform is fully maximized when used as a converged packet-optical solution with MRV’s OptiDriver® optical transport products and combined under the same orchestration and management software, Pro-Vision®, according to a service provider’s network demands.
- Large and small chassis to fit a wide range of applications
- Highly integrated with the MRV OptiSwitch® Carrier Ethernet 2.0 access and Pro-Vision® comprehensive service orchestration and management software to enable end-to-end Ethernet/MPLS solution
- Industry leading non-blocking density and capacity with superior power efficiency
- Offers programmable 100Gb CPE for high-capacity business services for enterprises including fractional rates at sub 100GE with end-to-end OAM and SLA verification
- Innovative, programmable, and distributed X86 architecture to pave the way to SDN/NFV deployment and future software-driven services
Want more information?
To view our MRV OptiPacket® Metro Service Edge products, please click on the links below. If you would like more information, please contact us by clicking the button below or ring us on +44 (0) 1691 680 830.